Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Here I Come!

Hello Friends!

Summertime is here for me and I have just now started back up with the Bogey horse. Bogey has had an unusually lazy spring, as I was not able to get home from college as I was too busy writing my thesis, presenting research in Puerto Rico (Yeah, that's right - Puerto Rico! What an opportunity!), and graduating from college in addition to choosing a vet school to attend!

I got into all the ones that I applied to and ended up choosing Iowa State University! I'm so excited for this fall, but there is a ton to do to get ready.

Ok, enough about my spring, back to Bogey's. He was fat and lazy all spring - he ate and ate and that's about it. :D

Now, that I've been home I've been bringing him back with groundwork and yesterday was our first ride.

He was amazing! For not having being ridden for months he was awesome! We went over to my BHF (Best Horse Friend's) indoor arena and rode around with her. He only had a little buck/refusal on the lunge line while loping undersaddle and was awesome with me riding. We just tooled around and worked on the basics and legging him up again. Tonight, I'm planing on going to the arena up town with him and having our second ride. I hope it is as good or better than yesterdays - he was awesome!


1 comment:

  1. My horses have got a bit of the spring/summer off too! Life has been so busy. I did keep one of my horses in good shape though, I used Kai in our wedding to ride off in a horse and buggy. That went so well. I love that horse :). Glad to hear Bogey is doing well for the most part.

    And now that I am married and life is settled down a bit, I have my 3 year old to finish breaking and some work to do with my paint mare as well. Should be fun. I hope you are having a great summer, sorry I have not stopped by in a while.

    ReplyDelete