Saturday, March 27, 2010

Revisiting Ideas/Posts


Please ignore the helmet - they are 4H mandatory.

I was looking back over some of my posts for summer goals and the post about the trailer issues made me smile. In that post I stated that the only goal for the summer was to get him into the trailer, haul around to shows/places/anywhere that would take us, and do some showmanship at the local shows.

We not only succeeded in all three of those goals, but we excelled in others. I was simply wanted to bond with my horse and get both of our feet wet. Bogey and I did that and then some!

To the shows we went, not bringing home any ribbons or placings, but looking good and having fun. We participated in not only Showmanship but also Western Pleasure and Horsemanship. We successfully participated in our local 4H show and was the first runner up to go on to the state fair. This was a marvelous feat since we had only competed in 3 of the 6 qualifying classes! We beat out quite a few participants that did all 6!

Bogey was awesome - I'm going to have to go through some of the memorable shows, but I just wanted to throw a little cheer out for my big guy. We definitely were "over par"!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you worry one little bit about the helmet! It's a good good idea, even if you feel a little goofy! I used to ride western, and would have rather died than wore one, but then I switched to english and they are the norm there. I don't ride much anymore, but my helmet has saved me more than one headache! I like the pictures and wish you well this show season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Goodwife. I love your blog - the Bible verses, the God bless - very nice touch! Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete