Friday, July 1, 2011

War Horse Trailer



Looks like a great movie! Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks = great special effects and a great film!

The movie is based upon the youth fiction novel War Horse by Michael Morpurgo. The book runs through a story of a horse that is drafted to World War I and the horse's story of trying to come home again. I have not read this book yet, but it is on my short list! The book was then made into a play of the same name that was the winner of several Tony's, including best play, and is very famous on the London stage.

War Horse, the play, incorporated the intricate puppet stage horses shown in the link below.

War Horse Play: Puppet Horses

The makings of a United States tour of the play are in the works for 2012. If it's coming to a theatre near me, I will most definitely be in attendance!

2 comments: