Monday, February 23, 2009

A Bad day turning into a GREAT one!

Title says it all. Today - started off horribly!

Once again, we were hosting last night - let me tell you at a Christian private school - hosting is truly HELL! I can't stand it. Well, with the gal that we had last night, don't get me wrong - she was very sweet, but she just didn't really fit in with my roommates and I. First of all, she didn't really want to be there with us. She had a bunch of other friends that came with her that were hanging out in a different dorm. Recipe for disaster because you can't make someone have a good time when they really don't want to be there. My roommate would have let her go over there, but it was a guys dorm and the halls would close within ten minutes of her getting there. Then the issue of getting her back in - our doors lock. It was just a big mess.

Then to top it all off - she slept for seven hours on the way here. She was wide awake and ready to "party" in her own words, at 11:30. My roommates and I are ready for bed if not already asleep at 10:30. I know we do not get out much - we just have a 7:40 AM class the next days so we go to bed early. Our guest had other things in mind. Also, she likes movies and video games - we don't have a tv or video games in our room so we had to impose on a friend of ours. It was a HUGE mess! I hated it.

Thankfully, I had to go to Math Lab to get my homework checked and could "run" away for a time, as well as having a quiz to study for the next day. So I did just that, and took one of my sleep aids, my ipod and fell asleep. My roommate couldn't, she had to stay up with our guest.

When I saw my roommate this morning she said that our guest was the worst one she has ever had and she might not do this again. SCORE! :D I really hate hosting so that would be totally awesome! ;D Thus, the beginning of the great day.

I B.S.'d my Biology quiz and did fairly well on the ones I guessed at, another plus. And the cherry on top was that I have a whole post dedicated to my showmanship questions over at Paula's Showmanship blog. You can check them out ---------> and
|
|
|
|
\/

The post is entitled Amy's Question. Very cool blog and she has a wealth of showmanship knowledge, which just happens to be my favorite event. So, I hope Paula's prepared for more questions. :D

I'm making a point to get a ton of stuff done today - wish me luck!

Oh, and Aerobics was awesome yet again! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment