Saturday, February 21, 2009

No Time!

I'm so sorry to all my fellow bloggers - I haven't had time to post, but rest assured I do read ALL of your blogs faithfully every day. I can make time for that, it's just that so much has been going on in terms of busyness that I haven't had time to blog.

This week has been particularly crazy. I had a Chemistry test yesterday. Now the thing with this test is that since I have Thursdays completely off I felt that I could do all of my studying then. This was going well until a gal on my floor came into my room and asked.

"Amy, did you get #21 on the Biology question set?"

I quickly replied, "No, isn't it not due until the test, next week?"

She then pulled out her syllabus and there is was - Question Set due Friday! I had a minor panic - it was 7:30 and I was going to cram in the Chemistry right then and there, but I couldn't I had the question set. Now, mind you that the Question Set isn't just a couple of questions - it is about 60+ questions that will help you study for the upcoming test. I thought that I heard him say that they were not due until the test date, but since she had hard evidence and I only had my believed thoughts I followed her lead. I finished that problem set in less than 3 hours. It was about 10:30 then and I really needed to go to bed. My Chemistry test was at 7:40 in the morning and I need a full 8 hours to function so off I went to bed - praying that I would do ok on the test, even though I hadn't read one of the chapters.

The next day - the test went ok. I didn't bomb it nor did I do as well as I could have, oh well such is life, and it is only the first test of the semester so it will be ok! Well, I went to Biology with my problem set in hand and guess what!?!?!

The problem set wasn't due until the TEST! I was so mad, not at the gal - she apologized profusely and I repeatedly stated "it's not your fault". - But I was mad at myself for trusting her against my better judgement and beliefs. Note to Amy - do your own thing! (And write stuff down!)

The good thing that came out of this mess is that well now - I have the problem set done! hahaha - not really that funny in my opinion.

Oh well!

On lighter note - let me just say that I LOVE my roommates! They are the greatest gals I will ever meet and they just make me feel happy. (They don't read this so I am not brown nosing!) I hung out with the one that goes home usually most weekends and it was just nice to have the two of us and our time together. We're both introverts at heart and have the ability to leave each other alone and know when enough is enough! It's just great that you can take someone at face value and not have to question. Am I reading her right? She is sad? Mad? Happy? We're just open with each other and it is awesome! I love it.

On horse note - Bogey got his hooves done, oh 2 weeks ago already. My mom and sisters went and saw if there were any issues with them that I should know about. They said that they looked fine but the right one looked a little off. (Now, mind you these are not horse people, just extremely descriptive individuals who have come along for the ride with my love of horses. They are the best and are so good to me! (Next post will be about them and their awesomeness! (No they do not read this either!) :D ) Well, here are the non-horseperson pictures they took for me with a video camera and converted it to .jpg (one of my sisters is so tec savvy it's unreal! More than I was at her age and I was addicted to the computer!)



They said that the right looked a little off, but it may just be the way he was standing. The feet looked nice they said. My mom also moved him around, backed him up and they seem to be traveling well. This trim was WAY overdo so anything is better than what it was.

Why the trim was so late is that I got him and he needed to be trimmed when he got here. I pull all my horse's shoes in the winter to just let there feet grow and to be real horses. That's just what I've always been told to do - so I do it. (If anyone has any other suggestions on it! Let me know! I would love to hear more about trims, shoes and the overall hoof). Well, I only had about a week with him so I let them go so I could ride and do things with him, because I knew he would be sore. Also, I wanted to wait to see if my farrier could do it since he was in MN and is in TX most of the year.

One thing led to another and Bogey's feet didn't get done, my farrier went to Texas early and so I had to find a new one. I HATE looking for farriers - I'm always afraid they will mess up so I kind of let the hooves slide a little (which is a bad bad! thing to do I know!) So, on went the search for a new one. I called one - he was on vacation, and the other one hurt his back. Finally, I got a guy who does a couple other horses in the barn but he couldn't come until after a week.

It was kind of a mess, but now they are done so I'm thankful. I really want to see Bo's hooves and see for myself it I like this guy or not. Who knows!

Well, that's all that has been going on - this end. I did buy a new show halter. (I'll leave that for a later post! This one is LONG enough!) See you all later! -Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment