Monday, February 2, 2009

Spring Semester

I just finished my first day of the spring semester of my freshman year! It's nice to hit that milestone. My classes shouldn't be too bad, but I'm taking some extra precautions aka study time just in case. I'm also not doing orchestra this semester, which is a bummer because I love the director - I'm just not that into my cello anymore. Which is really sad because my mom just put $500 in repairs on the thing. Oh well!

I better tell about the weekend I had with Bogey. On Friday I spent the whole day with him. First, I took him out and put his prof. choice SMB's on the fonts with bell boots and then polo wraps on the back and let him out in the indoor arena with just a little free lunge time. He was really good. Before I got him he had never worn boots before and he walked really silly around with them. I just like them because he does toe out a little and reach farther than others so when he's out playing he has nicked himself and I really couldn't afford a lame horse right now.

He bucked around and played for a little. Then I put him on the lunge line and he was so very well behaved. After all that I tried on our english gear and worked him with it on. He hasn't ever been ridden english before but he was a charm! He was perfect with it and pushed out at the trot as well. With the most soft and perfect trot to canter transitions. The greatest thing was that everything fit him, except the reins I need an extra long instead.

I worked on some showmanship with him and he's catching on to everything but the back is sometimes hit and miss. If it's a good day he'll be super fast and straight but some days it just doesn't happen right - so I have to work on that.

On Saturday I got to spend some time with him. I just wormed him with the Quest Moxidixin (sp?) and need to get him on a regular schedule. I also gave the boarding owner some supplements. I'm putting him on Farnam's Hoof Builder because his hooves since coming here have not been growing as great as they were so I just want to play safe. As well as the hoof builder he's on Sho-Glo which I thought would be a nice all around supplement to get his immune boosted and a nice coat. :D He's been having a runny nose the past couple days so we'll have to watch that - I might need to put him on Red Cell but that might be difficult since it's a liquid and not pellets like the others. Hopefully the nose is just from the dusty attached arena that's right by his stall.

That was my weekend with the Bo. I probably won't get to see him until March so you'll have to be satisfied with just college stories for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment